We can sympathetically reproduce original plasterwork, either by hand crafted manufacture in fibrous plaster or working purely in-situ.
Plaster Restorations have developed a unique system of re-securing loose ornamental ceilings back to their original fixings, in a monolithic operation. Our system does not include using plaster backing-up, which only serves to add unnecessary weight and water to an already unstable ceiling. Our system retains the original plasterwork while keeping the existing integrity of the building intact, providing visibility & protection of original working methods, thus preserving rather than replacing historic workmanship. The system is also a much more cost effective solution compared to renewal.
The project consisted of the renewal of the historic chapel ceiling for The National Trust, using traditional materials and working methods.
This listed Mansion House was devastated with a fire, which started within a first floor bedroom and spread.
We have carried out many historic restoration projects including:
- Victoria Hall, Saltaire, Shipley, Bradford
- St. John’s Church, Glasgow
- Shipley College Annex, Saltaire, Shipley, Bradford
- Batley Town Hall
- St. Georges Hall, Bradford
- The Old Swan Hotel, Harrogate
- Weetwood Hall Hotel & Conference Centre, Leeds
- Council Offices, Dovecot Street, Stockton-on-Tees
- Sizergh Castle, Sizergh, Cumbria
- A Mansion House – West Yorkshire
- The Royal Fusiliers Museum, Bury, Lancashire
- The Beamish Museum, Stanley, County Durham
Plaster Restorations can work closely with:
- Preservation societies
- Local authorities
- Property holding companies
- Businesses & organizations
- Project Managers
- Building inspectors
- Quantity surveyors
- Insurance companies & loss adjusters
- Home owners
We can provide surveys and budgets upon forthcoming or existing restoration projects to your properties. Plaster Restorations believe that through our skill and expertise, we can offer a great many benefits to our clients to enhance a future working relationship. We would welcome the opportunity of visiting your offices, projects or homes with a view of discussing our systems in more detail.