ALTERATIONS / REFURBISHMENTS & REPAIRS
At some point in the use of a building there may become a change of use. This may involve alteration of the lay-out, including the addition or removal of internal walls or the incorporation of new services. The building may also be extended to provide additional space. In each of these scenarios the original plasterwork may need replicating within the new areas to carry the theme of the existing into the new.
Properties can often need some updating or general repair to bring-up to a required standard of finish.
THE ROYAL FUSILIERS MUSEUM, BURY, LANCASHIRE
Plaster Restorations completed the full refurbishment to The Royal Fusiliers Museum. The work included the full site survey and total replacement of water damaged areas of cornices & mouldings, other new sections were formed to run along new walls & bulkheads. We also carried-out extensive
in-situ repairs to the existing damaged cornices & mouldings, following the removal of walls & partitions and following the removal then subsequent replacement of mechanical & electrical (M. & E.) works. All minor damage was repaired with large cracks to ceilings being cut-out and re-filled.
COUNCIL OFFICES, DOVECOT STREET, STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Plaster Restorations completed the full refurbishment to these local council offices. The work included the full site survey, along with forming new sections of cornice to match existing, which were run around new partitions.
Replication of existing Cornicework to new partitions before and after
We also carried-out extensive in-situ repairs to the existing damaged cornices, following the removal of partitions and the removal then subsequent replacement of mechanical & electrical (M&E) works. All minor damage was repaired.
Replication of existing Cornicework to electrical chases
IN-SITU REPAIRS TO AN ARCHWAY – WESTWOOD LODGE ILKLEY MOOR
Works to this damaged archway following removal of a partition wall involved the use of in-situ repair in its purest form.
All mouldings and feature quirks were replicated in-situ, using wet plaster with hand carving and modeling techniques. This was seamlessly interfaced with solid plastering to obtain the perfect result.
Plaster Restorations have expertise in the following areas:-
- Fibrous Plasterwork – Manufacture, installation and in-situ repair.
- Historic Plasterwork – Using traditional Sand / Lime / Horsehair with wooden laths.
- Run in-situ mouldings
- Re-securing of loose lath & plaster ceilings.
- Paint Stripping – Including paint removal from plaster cornices & moulded plasterwork.
- Glass Reinforced Gypsum (G.R.G.).
- Glass Reinforced Plastic (G.R.P.).
- Solid Plasterwork – Float & Skim, Dot-Dab, Re-Skims and Patching.
- Suspended Ceilings.
- External Rendering – Including new, Re-Rendering and Patching.
- Site Surveys & Reports.
- Insurance Work – Including Fire, Storm or Flood, Earthquake & Subsidence damage
- Domestic Work – Down to the smallest of repairs.
Plaster Restorations are committed to the preservation of historic landmarks. We view each building and conservation task as a unique milestone achieved, for our company and for our commitment to the preservation of landmarks worldwide.
Other completed alteration and refurbishment projects include:
- Victoria Hall, Saltaire, Shipley, Bradford
- St. John’s Church, Glasgow
- Shipley College Annex, Saltaire, Shipley, Bradford
- Batley Town Hall
- St. Georges Hall, Bradford
- The Old Swan Hotel, Harrogate
- Weetwood Hall Hotel & Conference Centre, Leeds
- Sizergh Castle, Sizergh, Cumbria
- Mansion House, West Yorkshire
- Hodroyd Hall – South Hiendley
- Manor Farm – Chipping Norton
- The Beamish Museum, Stanley, County Durham
Plaster Restorations can work closely with:
- Preservation societies
- Local authorities
- Property holding companies
- Businesses & organizations
- Project Managers
- Interior Designers
- Building inspectors
- Quantity surveyors
- Insurance companies & loss adjusters
- Home owners
We can provide surveys and budgets upon forthcoming or existing refurbishment projects to your properties. Plaster Restorations believe that through our skill and expertise, we can offer a great many benefits to our clients to enhance a future working relationship. We would welcome the opportunity of visiting your offices, projects or homes with a view of discussing our systems in more detail.